Nottingham’s Imagine – arts and older people programme is offering an exciting training session for artists and staff working in the care sector. As part of the Imagine programme we have been exploring the use of iPads to create art with older people in care. This training, which is run in partnership with expert Claire Ford from We engAGE, has been developed in response to work taking place on the programme. It will cover:
- the launch of Imagine’s Armchair Gallery App – which offers a virtual tour of Chatsworth House to older people in care
- how to run workshop using toolkits on the Armchair Gallery App
- practical ways you can introduce work with iPads in care settings
- using iPads and iPad applications in creative workshops
- tailoring the iPad apps you use to suite the individual needs and skills of participants
- gaining an understanding of older people living with dementia
This training day, which would normally cost £90, is subsidised by the Imagine – arts and older people programme and costs ONLY £20. The day includes lunch.